Spending Time with Liz GilesDecember 14, 2020
MARCH 3, 2020
Re-opening our studios – restrictions and safety precautions.
We are overjoyed to announce that we re-opened (again) on Thursday March 4th.
We will be offering 40 classes a week between both of our spaces. We will continue to livestream all of our classes.
For those of you that will be joining us at the studio space, measures are being implemented to keep you and our community safe. As we open to being able to practice in person again, we ask that you please read through all the new protocols. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
VERY IMPORTANT DETAILS:
- The new restrictions require everyone to wear a mask at all times – students and teacher. No exceptions.
- 3 meter spacing is required. This reduces our capacity in Kensington to 9 and Mission to 10.
- No drop ins are allowed. You must register online for your class.
- If you need to cancel your reservation you must do so online 6 hours or more before class to avoid being charged.
- The registration window is 3 days ahead of time and the cancellation window is 6 hours.
- We are limiting transactions at the studio. Teachers will be signing you into the class and transactions will be limited to ‘touchless’ as much as possible.
- The studio will be open 15 minutes before and after the class time. If you arrive earlier than that, please line up outside the studio and maintain social distancing.
- We ask that you only bring what you need for class (mat/props/full water bottle/towel) and leave everything else at home.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE:
- When entering the studio space please look for the new green Santosha stickers on the floor of the practice room. These are the new designated places for your mat. Please remember to align the center top edge of your mat with this sticker.
- The large practice rooms are the only spaces open for now and there will be 45 minutes between each class. We’ve increased times between classes to make sure everyone is able to enter & exit the studio safely and to allow for deep cleaning of practice rooms and common touch points between classes.
- You are responsible for bringing your own mat, props, water& towel. We will not have mats or towels available for rent nor will we have any props available for use at this time.
- The use of fans (Mission location) will be temporarily suspended and the humidity in the practice rooms will also be lowered.
- Hot classes will be temporarily suspended.
- We will not be offering adjustments/assists until it is safe to do so.
- We will have hand sanitizer available throughout the studio. Please make sure to sanitize your hand upon entering the studio.
- We will have one bathroom stall available for use – if used, we ask that you use the disinfectant wipes provided to wipe down surfaces before and after. Showers are not available at this time.
- We are discouraging the use of our water fountain. Please bring a full water bottle to your class.
- We are not able to offer tea.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO KEEP YOURSELF AND OTHERS SAFE:
- Please wash your hands frequently. Use the hand sanitizers throughout the studio space.
- When you enter the studio, be mindful of the entrance and potential bottlenecks. Please wait for your turn. Make your way to your designated area in the practice room and relax while you wait for your class to begin.
- We understand that everyone has a different level of comfort with the current re-opening of businesses around the province. We do hope that you will choose to come and practice with us again in person soon but for those of you are feeling unsure or anxious; perhaps the better choice right now is to join class via Livestream. We want you to be comfortable and have a good experience when you do choose to come back to the studio.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Alastair, Candace, Lisa and Dalia