June's Feature Product of the MonthJune 1, 2013
Class Cancellations June 14th – 16thJune 11, 2013
- 2 ounces thin rice noodles
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 round spring roll wrappers (8-inch)
- kiwifruit, sliced in half lengthwise, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Cook noodles in a pot of boiling water until tender, according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water; pat dry with paper towels. In a bowl, toss noodles with min and 1 tablespoon honey.
- For the dipping sauce, whisk remaining 3 tablespoons honey with 1 tablespoon water, the lime juice and chili powder
- Forming one roll at a time, soak wrapper in a bowl of warm water until softened, about 30 seconds. Lift out and transfer to work surface. Dividing evenly, layer kiwi, noodles, and peanuts at one end of wrapper. Fold over ends and roll tightly to enclose filling. Cover rolls with a damp kitchen cloth while you work.
- To serve, slice rolls in half on the diagonal, and pass dipping sauce alongside.
Serves 4. Per Serving: 275 calories; 9 g saturated fat; 5.2 g unsaturated fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 52 g carbohydrates; 5.8 g protein; 111 mg sodium; 4.1 g fiber