May's Feature Product of the MonthMay 1, 2013
Challengers, Week 3 – A Note from Rosa…May 6, 2013
- 4 sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into Â¾-inch-thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- Â¼ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1Â Â½ teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425Â°F. Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil and Â¼ teaspoon salt on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread in an even layer, and roast, turning halfway through (they should release easily from the sheet), until tender and slightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together tamari, vinegar, and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving dish; immediately sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with dipping sauce.
Serves 6. Per Serving: 168 calories; 5 g saturated fat; 3 g unsaturated fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 32 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 309 mg sodium; 5 g fiber