Community Membership for July: Tutti FruttiJuly 1, 2013
In the WorksJuly 3, 2013
- 2 jalapeÃ±o chiles, finely chopper (ribs and seeds removed for less heat, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 to 2 limes)
- 4 kiwifruits, peeled and diced
- coarse salt
- Â½Â cup finely chopped cilantro
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons neutral tasting oil, such as canola or saflower
- Stir jalapeÃ±os and lime juice together. Add kiwifruit, Â¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste), and cilantro. Stir to combine.
- Season shrimp with Â½ teaspoon salt. Heat oil in a large skillet over high until shimmering. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook until pink on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip shrimp and cook until opaque throughout, about 2 minutes more.
- Serve shrimp with kiwifruit-lime relish and black lentils with whole-wheat naan. Another alternative is to serve with brown rice and tortillas.
Serves 4. Per Serving: 104 calories; 3 g saturated fat; 2.7 g unsaturated fat; 53.2 mg cholesterol; 11.3 g carbohydrates; 8.2 g protein; 462 mg sodium; 2.1 g fiber