Featured Class – Yin is InApril 26, 2019
The Healing TouchJune 5, 2019
MAY 19, 2019
Meditation for Golfers
Regular meditation may help you get your mind out of the daily buzz better than your morning shower. Okay, maybe not quite as well (and you still need shower), but it’s pretty close.
Here are just a few ways in which meditating can improve your physical performance and well being, with an emphasis on the game of golf, but many points will apply equally well to your performance as a yogi:
- Separate stimulus and response: In golf, as in life, you encounter sudden challenges that would typically force you to throw your plan aside and act impulsively. In some instances, this is helpful, but more often than not, it causes simple mistakes. Regular Meditation gives you the headspace to remain mindful of your decision.
- Reduced Risk of Heart Disease: frequently meditating significantly reduces the risk of heart disease and improves overall heart health.
- Improved sleep: Forget sleeping pills and practice meditation. Even a short meditation routine before bedtime has been shown to improve both sleep quality and the time you need to fall asleep.
- Focus for longer: Golfers, need to stay focused on the shot and stay mentally alert in order to bring their best game, just like yogis need to focus on their breathing and balance in order to perform a beautiful asana. Meditation practices, especially mindfulness meditation, can help you stay focused for longer.
- Reduced stress and anxiety: Regular Meditation has been proven to help people relax and reduce their anxiety.
Sounds pretty good, right?
And it’s not just speculation. There’s good, hard science to back it up. Below, you can see a visual run-down of some of the ways regular meditation helps you perform better on the golf course, and if you’d like to see some of the more detailed science, you can learn more about the benefits of meditation for golfers and how to get started at Fast Learners.